- ROVER/Vehicle must safely inside landing ellipse reducing terminal velocity and minimizing impact forces.
- ROVER must safely exit and clear landing apparatus.This may be achieved by driving off of, out of or out from underneath landing apparatus.
- ROVER must orient and drive North to intercept NASA-MSL Curiosity's GPS track.
- ROVER must follow NASA-MSL Curiosity's GPS track to the target specimen.
- Once rover reaches target specimen, a probe must be deployed to measure the temperature of the rock.